The spouse and/or child of a full-time graduate research students should apply for an entry visa at one of Singapore's Embassies or Consulates overseas (for nationals of visa required countries). Upon arrival in Singapore, s/he will be given a 4-week SVP at the airport.
Documents to be submitted for New Application
The graduate research student will have to submit an application to convert the spouse and/or child’s SVP to one that is sponsored by the University. The following documents are required to be submitted:
- Application for University's Sponsorship of Social Visit Pass for Spouse and/or child
- Undertaking for University's Sponsorship of Social Visit Pass for Spouse and/or child
- Form 14 and Form V39I (Malaysians are not required to submit V39I form) – Download these forms from ICA Website
- A copy of Student's Pass (STP) of the graduate student
- A copy of the marriage certificate (if applicable)
- A copy of child's birth certificate
- A copy of the insurance policy for hospitalisation and personal accident coverage of each spouse and/or child to be sponsored.(Note: It is mandatory for students to take up personal accident and hospitalisation insurance through the University for each sponsored person. Please contact the appointed insurer, MYCG at 6476 3829 or email to [email protected] to subscribe to the mandatory insurance policy. Personal health insurance policies will not be acceptable in lieu thereof. For more information, please refer to the MYCG website at www.mycg.com.sg/nus-dependants).
- Official receipt for the following payment(s)*:
- S$20 administrative fee per application (non-refundable regardless of the application outcome or if the application is withdrawn after submission)
- Full-time graduate research students not in receipt of the Research Scholarship or President's Graduate Fellowship, will have to furnish a deposit of S$5000 for each dependant to be sponsored. The deposit will be refunded (less deduction of any expenses or damages) upon the University being satisfied that the spouse and/or child is no longer in Singapore or that the SVP has been cancelled.
Applications should be submitted to the Student Service Centre (SSC), located at Level 1, Yusof Ishak House, 31 Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore 119078, or the Student [email protected] Timah Campus ([email protected]), located at 469 Bukit Timah Road, Block B-01-11, Singapore 259756.
*Download the Administrative Fee and Deposit Payment Form for payment modes and instructions.
Note: The spouse and/or child will have to go for a medical examination if the cumulative period of stay in Singapore is six months or longer.
Collection of Endorsement Letter
Students will be informed via email to collect the University's endorsement letter, five working days from date of submission. Students must produce their NUS Student Card in order to collect the endorsement letter.
The student with the spouse and/or child can then proceed to the ICA Building (located next to Lavender MRT. Click here to view map), to submit the forms in person and complete the formalities.
After Collecting the SVP for Spouse and/or Child
The student is required to submit a photocopy of the spouse and/or child’s SVP to Registrar's Office, within two weeks after collecting it. Please indicate the following details on the copy of the SVP:
- Full Name of Student
- Contact No.
- Student ID
Please note that the University will withdraw the SVP sponsorship if this is not adhered to.